We created the 10-day Self-Care Challenge to remind you of simple strategies that you can use to prioritize yourself and help clients better. Today, take some time to breathe using aromatherapy.
Aromatherapy uses extracted aromatic essences from plants that can help improve both your emotional and physical health. Other benefits of aromatherapy include:
- Reduced anxiety
- Boosted energy levels
- Help you sleep
- Increase circulation
- Strengthen your immune system
Did you know? Aromatherapy has been used for over 6000 years, first by the Chinese who used to burn special herbs to encourage harmony and well-being.
Try it out with these simple steps:
Step one: Pick your favorite essential oil.
Step two: Set aside 10–15 minutes.
Step three: Add a few drops to a diffuser.
Step four: Inhale, exhale, relax, repeat!
Don’t have a diffuser? Add a couple of diluted drops of essential oils to your skin (like on your wrists, neck, or temples) or, slip into deep relaxation by adding 5 to 6 drops into a warm bath.
Essential Oils we love:
- For times of stress try lavender or ylang ylang.
- For mood enhancement try lavender or jasmine.
- For insomnia try clary sage, lavender or chamomile.
- For increased energy try cinnamon, black pepper or citrus.
- For improved memory and focus try sage or peppermint.
Practice Better is the complete practice management platform for nutritionists, dietitians and wellness professionals. Sign up for free today.