We created the 10-day Self-Care Challenge to remind you of simple strategies that you can use to prioritize yourself and help clients better. Day 4 is all about igniting your creativity!
Practicing self-care isn’t always about writing in a journal, reading a book, giving yourself facials, or taking a bath. We challenge you to express yourself! Don’t worry, you don’t need to be an artistic genius to benefit from getting creative.
Why creativity for self-care?
Being creative comes with many wonderful benefits such as:
- Relieves stress and helps you to relax
- Takes you out of your comfort zone
- Encourages self-expression
- Allows you to use different areas of your brain you don’t typically use
Did you know? Daydreaming is surprisingly good for your brain.
There are no rules for what makes you feel creative. Consider your own interests, talents and skills when thinking about what creativity means to you. Love to knit or want to learn? Go for it! Find yourself doodling in your notebook at work? Try drawing some sketches.
Your time to be creative can be spent on things you already know and love, or it can also be spent learning something entirely new.
Here are some suggestions for sparking your creative side:
- Pick up an adult coloring book, some pencil crayons, and/or markers, and color.
- ‘Tis the season for showing someone you love them. Write someone you care about a note or poem to express how they make you feel.
- Get on Pinterest and try that DIY project you’ve been eyeing.
- Try a new recipe in the kitchen.
There are so many ways you can express your creativity, so get creative!
Practice Better is the complete practice management platform for nutritionists, dietitians, and wellness professionals. Streamline your practice and begin your 14-day free trial today.