We created the 10-day Self-Care Challenge to remind you of simple strategies that you can use to prioritize yourself and help clients better. Day 8 we challenge you to get real with yourself and visualize what you would like to manifest in life.
Visualization is a technique that brings focus and clarity to your life. Similar to mediation, it will help you relax, define your goals, and ultimately help you reach your full potential.
Visualization requires you to get really clear and as detailed about what you want in life as possible.
Give it a try:
- Set aside 5–10 minutes.
- Find a quiet space with no distractions (if this isn’t possible, try using some headphones and calming music to set the tone).
- Close your eyes and visualize the life you want to manifest. The more detail the better. What does this look like? How do you feel?
- Make it happen. Once you see where you want to be, set attainable goals to achieve it.
Here are some tips to help you visualize:
- Use all of your senses
- Be honest with yourself
- Be the star, not the audience
- Be as detailed as possible
- Imagine each step
- Keep it positive
This may take some practice. Like meditation, it may be hard to visualize your hopes and dreams in just one attempt. Try doing this on a regular basis and make sure to track your visualizations and progress.
Practice Better is the complete practice management platform for nutritionists, dietitians and wellness professionals. Sign up for free today.